Migration Manager Software Update (Version 8.5.2)
Welcome to 2018. A Software update will soon be released to all users.
This update is a small update that is primarily aimed at modifying Migration Manager to deal with the change of the Department’s name plus a few speed and memory usage enhancements. We will shortly also be releasing a much bigger update with quite a few new features and we will publish details of what will be in that update on this blog in the near future.
What is included in this Update
This update (Program Version 8.5.2) contains the following features and bug fixes for all our users:
- Elodge & Forms
- Batch VEVO – changed the search requirements to no longer require a given name. This change will be rolled out to standard VEVO searching in the next update.
- eLodge – we have also recently released a number of elodge fixes for various different visa types (these don’t technically form part of this program update as they are done via a silent background update that occurs on an ongoing basis – but we thought we should let you know that there have been updates).
- Preferences and Settings
- Change the Department’s name in Migration Manager to the Department of Home Affairs and DOHA as the acronym.
- Add fields in the Dept tab for manually changing the Department name and acronym. For instructions how to manually change these details see: How to Change the Department Name
- Templates & Letter Merges
- Modify the letter merge system to use the new Department name and acronym.
- Change all field references to DIBP in Migration Manger to now be Dept.
- Modified Migration Manager’s memory clean up process to improve system resources usage and clean up.
- Added compaction of the large object heap to improve memory performance.
- Other fixes and improvements.
A list of previous updates and what they included can be found here: Release Update History
How to Perform the Update
When you are ready to perform the update, you should login as the Administrator and then click on the Help menu and then click Online Update. For full instructions on how to perform the update, please see: How to Perform an Update.
When the update window opens click the ‘Start’ button and then follow any prompts. We do recommend that you do a full update and download the latest DIBP forms from Legendcom/immiAccount as DIBP has recently released a number of Form changes
One final point, if you have any problems performing the update please don’t hesitate to contact Migration Manager’s support team who are there to help you. You can log a support call through the Help button in Migration Manager or you can click the Support link in the menu bar at the top of this webpage.
Cover image licensed from Shutterstock