Migration Manager Update – Version 8.2.3
A minor update (version 8.2.3) for Migration Manager will soon be released for Beta testers and will, in early July, be released to all users as part of the major update foreshadowed in an earlier article.
If you haven’t already seen the earlier article on what will be included in the major 8.2 update set to be released in early July, please read it here.
Version 8.2.3 of Migration Manager will see a number of minor fixes plus some new features. For a full list of what is included in this update please see the detail list below. The big ticket feature which should get your attention is:
Batch VEVO Search
The version 8.2.3 update being released shortly to Beta will see the inclusion of a Batch VEVO Search function. This function will allow you to perform a VEVO search for as many people as you want across as many files as you want. With a few clicks, you can have Migration Manager go off and check the status of as many of your migrants as you want and then provide you with a report of the outcome. Even better, the report will highlight to you if it detects any changes in circumstances that have occurred since the last time you ran a search report for an individual.
In testing, we have seen the average search time to average between 7 and 10 seconds per searched person, which means you can do a search of 1000 of your clients in less than 2 hours – try doing that manually. The use scenarios that we expect this feature will most likely be of benefit to is where you offer a visa entitlements monitoring service to your 457 Business Sponsor and you want to keep tabs on the right to work of the employees or whether a company might ask you to perform a visa check against a list of potential recruits – you can quickly import a large number of people from a spread sheet via the Batch Import function and then perform the Batch VEVO search.
For more information on how to use Batch VEVO search, please see this instruction article: How to perform a Batch VEVO Search (note that this instruction article is in our new User Manual which is currently under development)
What is in the Update: Change Log – Version 8.2.3 (Beta 15 June – Everyone else early July)
- Invoices have been updated to show a Qty column;
- Fixed an issue for timesheets where the merging of unbilled entries was resulting in the amount field being set to zero. Now when you merge rows in the time sheet, it will take the fee code and fee amount of the top most entry selected;
- Added a preference to set the default due date for Invoices;
- Added a field to the Accounts Summary page of each file to over-ride the default invoice due date and set a specific term for invoices generated in the selected matter;
- Client Detail
- Fixed a bug in addresses which prevented a user from seeing another applicant’s addresses if the currently selected applicant did not yet have any address entries;
- Fixed a bug which affected the changing of the Began Relationship Date field;
- Modified the documents view to be more efficient when filtering by folders;
- Fixed an issue that was prevent the automated capture from seeing gmail sent folders;
- Fixed an issue which was not respecting the Use Document Inbox preference settings;
- File Notes
- Added the ability to transfer file notes from one matter to another via the Other menu option;
- Fixed an issue that affected Beta user being able to preview different file notes;
- Progress & Portal
- Modified the icon for documents so that it no longer looks like a tick box
- Modified the document rejection process to better handle multiple page files
- Added Batch VEVO functionality to the reports system. It is now possible to perform a mass VEVO search based on report results via the Reports window
- Added a filter option for Client/Trust Account reports to filter by Transaction Date or Recording Date;
- Added a Portal Documents Received History report;
- Added a Portal Documents Client Downloads History report
- Other minor bug fixes and enhancements including a speeding up of the login and loading stages.
How to Perform the Update
When you are ready to perform the update, you should login as the Administrator and then click on the Help menu and then click Online Update.
When the update window opens click the ‘Start’ button and then follow any prompts. We do recommend that you do a full update and download the latest DIBP forms from Legendcom/immiAccount as DIBP has recently released a number of essential changes – this update includes new mappings for a number of these updated forms.
On one final point, if you have any problems performing the update please don’t hesitate to contact Migration Manager’s support team who are there to help you. You can log a support call through the Help button in Migration Manager or you can click the Support link in the menu bar at the top of this webpage.
Cover image licensed from Shutterstock