Migration Manager Update – Version 8.2.6
A minor update (version 8.2.6) for Migration Manager will soon be released for Beta testers and those who have had Migration Manager recently installed. This minor update will form part of the large update that we currently plan to release to all users soon.
For existing users who are eager to get hold of the major update and all of the new features such as Auto Mail Capture, Time Billing, Batch VEVO etc, we are working to get this update released as soon as we can. We have delayed the release in the hope that we will also be able to release the new Students eVisas to everyone as well at the same time. If you haven’t already seen the earlier article on what will be included in the major update, please read it here.
Version 8.2.6 of Migration Manager will see a number of minor fixes:
What is in the Update: Change Log – Version 8.2.6 (Beta 14 July – Everyone else mid July)
- We have added new Invoice templates that now include a section at the start that provides a simple Statement of Account summary. Feedback suggests this modification will make invoices easier to understand.
- Modified the Tax Code description wording to be easier to understand
- Client Detail
- The Business Sponsor matter type has been updated to now include fields for Trusts, Business Owners and Adverse Business Information;
- Documents tab reconcilliation has been sped up.
- Documents tab reconcilliation has been changed to account for slow dropdox/box/google drive syncing. Going forward if the reconcilliation detects that a document has been found on another computer previously but on the computer. running the reconcilliation, that document won’t be deleted from the list but rather marked as ‘not found’.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the contact person’s address town not saving.
- Modified the way auto capture works to prevent the Administrator performing an email capture. The Administrator file should only be used for making modifications to preferences/permissions and not performing day to day activities.
- Fix an issue that resulted in email capture matches not being updated on snapshot
- Progress & Portal
- A minor update to the Checklist templates has been made to cater for the new Student Visas.
- Added a report that logs user activity in Migration Manager;
- The Open window has been modified to allow searching by Preferred Name;
- Added additional fields to the RMA registration window;
- Other minor bug fixes and enhancements.
A list of previous updates and what they included can be found here: Release Update History
How to Perform the Update
When you are ready to perform the update, you should login as the Administrator and then click on the Help menu and then click Online Update. For full instructions on how to perform the update, please see: How to Perform an Update.
When the update window opens click the ‘Start’ button and then follow any prompts. We do recommend that you do a full update and download the latest DIBP forms from Legendcom/immiAccount as DIBP has recently released a number of essential changes – this update includes new mappings for a number of these updated forms.
On one final point, if you have any problems performing the update please don’t hesitate to contact Migration Manager’s support team who are there to help you. You can log a support call through the Help button in Migration Manager or you can click the Support link in the menu bar at the top of this webpage.
Cover image licensed from Shutterstock