Migration Manager Update – Version 8.2
A major update (version 8.2) for Migration Manager has just been released to Beta testers and will, on the 1st of July (or just shortly thereafter), be released to all users and its contains a number of significant enhancements, bug fixes and new features.
Version 8.2 of Migration Manager will see a number of major changes to the way people use Migration Manager. For a full list of what is included in this massive update please see the detail list below. The big ticket features which should get your attention include:
1. Automated Email Captured
Up until now, if you wanted to capture and save emails to Migration Manager client files, you had to use the manual Email Capture tool. As of Version 8.2, this all changes with the introduction of the Automated Email Capture system. Migration Manager’s Automated Email Capture allows you to automatically capture, match and save emails from Outlook into the relevant files in Migration Manager. Once activated, Migration Managers Automated Email Capture service is designed to operate in the background automatically monitoring and capturing emails from the User’s Inbox and Sent folders in Outlook and it will then try to match and save those emails to the relevant matters in Migration Manager. When turned on, whilst the user is logged in to Migration Manager the Automated Email Capture service will at the set time intervals perform the following steps:
- It will capture and copy all emails and attachments from Outlook which have been sent and received since the last capture was performed;
- It will assess each of the newly captured emails to determine if they can be automatically assigned to a matter in Migration Manager;
- It will assess each of the emails which have previously been captured over the last 45 days to determine whether there is any new information which has been entered or updated in to Migration Manager which would now allow these emails to be assigned (i.e. a matter might have been updated with Department reference numbers, in which case if there is an email which contains this Department reference number in the subject line it will now be assigned to that file);
- Emails which have been assigned, will automatically be copied to the Document tab of the relevant matter.
In addition, because everyone will now be capturing email automatically, we have added a de-duplication feature to the Documents tab of each file. By default all items which are duplicates will now be hidden from the Documents tab view. Note that the duplicates will still exist on your computer/server – they just won’t be visible in the Documents tab.
Going forward your involvement with the capture system will be to just check what has been captured and review those items which were not automatically matched to a matter and manual match these items where necessary. And the best part is, the more you send emails using Migration Manager and update information such as DIBP reference numbers, email address etc, the more accurate the auto capture system becomes for both new and previously captured emails and the less you have to check it for unmatched items. As a result of this feature, in the trials we have seen a significant improvement in the efficiency of users saving all of the relevant correspondence to their files. The effect of this is that everyone in the firm can have greater certainty that when they look in a file in Migration Manager, that they are seeing a complete copy of all of the email correspondence anyone in the firm has had in relation to that matter. For more details on the new Automated Email Capture system please have a read of this article: Understanding the new Automated Email Capture
2. Time Recording
In version 8.2 we will be adding a feature for time recording so that all users have the ability to track how long they spend on each of their matters. These time recording can then be used to generate invoices for those users who use Migration Manager’s account systems. For those who don’t use the Account system, you will still find this feature very useful for gaining an understanding of how long you spend on each matter.
3. The Portal
As of update 8.2, the Secure Client Portal will be available for all firms who request it. A big thank you to all of our Beta Testers who have provided great feedback and suggestions on the Secure Client Portal. We will be publishing additional article on the Secure Client Portal over the coming weeks to compliment what will be in the new User Manual.
What is in the Update: Change Log – Version 8.2
- Added a new feature: Time Recording. Users can now record time entries via the newly added timesheet. For instructions on how to use the new Time Recording tool, please see our new User Manual section;
- In the Accounts setup, the label for Set Application Type fees has been reworded to Set Matter Type Fees;
- Modified the Aged Debtors Report to now be filtered by the ‘As At’ date;
- Xero intergration functionality will be released to Beta Testers;
- Client Detail
- Added a Timer button to the top right hand corner of the Client Detail window. Clicking this launches the Time Sheet window and adds and entry for the relevant matter;
- Added a right click option to all of the applicant details which lets you copy the row and output the details in a text file;
- Documents tab has now been modified to save and record all documents in UTC time. Each user will see the Documents tab in the order of their local timezone;
- Document tab now has a de-duplication function. By default all items which are duplicates will be hidden (note that the duplicates will still exist on your server – they just won’t be visible in the Documents tab).
- Modified the Issuing Authority field in the Passport tab to allow longer entries;
- Fixed a bug that meant that dates were not being exported correctly in to excel in the Visits tab;
- Fixed a bug where the Primary Applicant was sometimes shown as having no relationship with other applicants;
- Fixed an issue where selecting a Manager or Clerk sometime required multiple clicks;
- Fixed an issue which prevented the Manager or Clerk from being manually removed from a file via the RMA tab;
- Fixed an issue in Citizenship where changing the ‘How Acquired’ status didn’t always save;
- Fixed an issue where the Dept ID field for the Primary Applicant wasn’t linking to the DIBP tab;
- Fixed a bug where Business Sponsor correspondence town was not saving in certain circumstances;
- Email capture has been completely changed. Emails are now captured via an automated capture and matching service. For details on how to use the new email capture service please see our new User Manual section;
- Modified the email capture settings to now match based on Primary Applicants main and alternative email addresses;
- File Notes
- Added a user preferences window for being able to quickly edit this users Filenotes settings;
- The Form filler window has undergone a face lift to remove excess wording/heading and make it clearer to see the key steps involved. The Form last downloaded date and Updater function hasve been made more prominent;
- Various form updates
- Portal (BETA)
- The Portal Window has been modified to now show everything in two vertical panels;
- Added the ability for the Agent to upload documents to the Portal from the Documents tab;
- Added the ability to link documents uploaded from the Documents tab to Progress items;
- Modified the number of days that Migration Manager can retain a copy of documents on the Portal Server ;
- Added additional client notification options for various events;
- Added additional Portal email templates to preferences;
- Added an option to turn on password complexity
- Fixed an issue when merging a Questionnaire that resulted in too many parent fields being added;
- Fixed an issue when merging a Questionnaire where a previously included Spouse had now become an ex-spouse
- Fixed an issue when merging a Questionnaire where it didn’t export Guardian relationship type
- Fixed an issue when merging a Questionnaire where a child with no date of birth was being listed as over the age of 18;
- Added a new Systems Report tab which shows reports for System and Audit logs
- Fixed an issue where the field for Intended Lodgement Date was not returing a report value;
- Fixed an issue which prevented reports from returing the file note dates;
- Modified the Aged Debtors Report to now be filtered by the ‘As At’ date
- Letters and Templates
- Modified the merge fields for Family Sponsors to only use information from the relations tab of the Migrant file;
- Snapshot & Tasks
- Added a user preference window for being able to quicky edit this users Snapshot settings;
- Increased the number of files which show up in the Recently Opened menu dropdown. The list should also now being chronological order;
- Added an audit trail to track adjustments to the Users and User Permissions;
- In Schedules, the label for Application Type fees has been reworded to Matter Type Fees;
- Added a new local backup function for those on Cloud;
- Fixed a bug which affected searching for names which had a ‘ as the second character i.e. O’Shea;
- Major improvement to the speed of the Checklist update stage of the update – note you want see the effect of this until the next update.
- Other minor enhancements and bug improvements.
How to Perform the Update
When you are ready to perform the update, you should login as the Administrator and then click on the Help menu and then click Online Update.
When the update window opens click the ‘Start’ button and then follow any prompts. We do recommend that you do a full update and download the latest DIBP forms from Legendcom/immiAccount as DIBP has recently released a number of essential changes – this update includes new mappings for a number of these updated forms.
On one final point, if you have any problems performing the update please don’t hesitate to contact Migration Manager’s support team who are there to help you. You can log a support call through the Help button in Migration Manager or you can click the Support link in the menu bar at the top of this webpage.
Cover image licensed from Shutterstock