Migration Manager Update – Version 8
A major update (version 8) for Migration Manager has just been released and its one of the biggest updates we have ever seen. So much so that the list of updates and changes is a number of pages long. The updates includes features such as New CIQs, New BSQs, New eVisa options, VEVO search, a New Document Inbox system and much more. A full list of all of the changes can be found at the end of this post or in the change log of the User Manual which can be accessed by clicking on this link.
Information about the Update
Over coming weeks we will be publishing a series of posts providing more details on these changes and how to use and take advantage of many of these new features. We thought it best not to give you everything about the update all in one hit as it would possibly take you all day to get through it. So please check back regularly to read our new articles or sign up to our newsletter to get updates on the articles we publish – the newsletter will be sent about once a month unless we have something more urgent to tell you like the release of this update. We will be starting our series of posts on this update covering the following topics:
In addition, details about all of the features of this update will be covered in our upcoming seminars in Perth, Brisbane and Adelaide, details of which can be found on our Events Page.
How to Perform the Update
When you are ready to perform the update, you should login as the Administrator and then click on the Help menu and then click Online Update.
When the update window opens click the ‘Start’ button and then follow any prompts. We do recommend that you do a full update and download the latest DIBP forms from Legendcom as DIBP has recently released a number of essential changes – this update includes new mappings for the recently released Form 80 and we will be releasing updates to address changes to the other forms in coming updates.
On one final point, if you have any problems performing the update please don’t hesitate to contact Migration Manager’s support team who are there to help you. You can log a support call through the Help button in Migration Manager or you can click the Support link in the menu bar at the top of this webpage.
Change Log – Version 8
- New version of the CIQ – completely rewritten. This contains many new questions, including residency rights, occupational registration, child/dependant details, health tests, AFP clearances, immigration detention, intelligence officer details, military service, proposed travel to Australia, business and investment skills, business assets and liabilities, intended employment, other dates of birth, descent details, Chinese commercial code, cessation of citizenships, additional employment details, additional identity document details, additional passport details, additional skills assessment details, additional state/territory sponsorship details, additional language details, additional spouse relationship details, additional family sponsor details, additional visa details, additional health and character questions, required departure details, additional address details, additional contact details and additional business details.
- New version of the BSQ. This contains a number of changes including a new finance section, new labour market testing section and new nominee and position selection section
- CIQ now comes in more versions:
- Initial Assessment;
- Temporary: Student; Work < 3months, Employer Sponsored > 3 months, Generic Temporary Questionnaire
- Full Questionnaire: Business Skills, Partner, Employer Sponsored, Partner. Generic Full Questionnaire
- BSQ now comes in more versions: Full; Sponsor Only; Nomination Only
- CIQ/BSQ button in MM changed to now allow additional versions of Questionnaires to be created
- Updated default Questionnaire email text
- Document Workflow Management
- added a Document Inbox to the Tasks window. Inbound captured email, scanned documents and items dragged and dropped into set folders will appear
- added preference to turn Document Inbox functionality on or off
- added the ability to assign documents to different users for review from the Documents tab
- added the ability to set review dates for items for different users in the Documents tab
- Client Detail Form – The client detail form has been modified to store most of the new data from the new questionnaires including
- Changed particulars tab to include additional dates of birth, Arabic, Russian names and Chinese commercial code
- Changed Citz/Passport tab
- Passports changed to now record full name on passport, nationality and passport status
- Residency rights panel
- Addresses tab changed to allow recording of Unit, Suburb and legal status in that country
- Employment tab changed:
- Employment Status
- New Unemployed / Retired sections
- To record hours per week and weekly earnings for employment
- Education tab now includes a panel for occupation registration/licencing
- New Language tab includes ability to record tests other than IELTS
- Business tab:
- Added Business and Investments Skills sub-tab
- Added Assets & Liabilities sub tab
- Added additional fields to Business history tab
- Visas tab now includes cross referencing to Passport (used for determining name)
- Visits tab now includes arrival city and required departure date
- Health tab – added Health Examinations panel
- Character tab
- Police Clearances panel added
- Immigration Detention panel added
- Military/Police/intelligence panel added
- New character questions added for s501 changes
- Relations Tab – Added a Child/Dependant’s custody details subtab
- New Future tab includes:
- Intended employment subtab
- Proposed Travel subtab
- Intended Study subtab
- Australian events subtab
- Funds/Financial support subtab
- New eVisa launch window
- All eVisa types have been modified to answer additional questions using the new information collected in the questionnaires. Changes have been made to most eVisa types to deal with recent DIBP changes.
- Added eHealth
- Added VEVO
- Changes made to immi account logon process so that users are paused on the DIBP warnings/notification page. Users must now click Process on each page to proceed.
- Progress Items
- Added ability to launch VEVO search from VEVO item
- Completed VEVO searches will be listed in Progress list and linked to downloaded PDF search result
- Ticking ‘Decision’ as done will now provide additional workflow options including settings a due date for sending a final Statement of Services
- Form Filling – Form 80 has been updated to answer additional questions using the new information collected in the new questionnaires. Other forms will be updated over coming updates.
- Letter Merge – added new merge fields for he/she and his/her (found in the applicant details section of the merge fields). Added new merge fields for most recent skills assessment and most recent state sponsorship
- added a Statement of Services,
- added a Deposit Request Report
- added a detail section to the BAS Values Accrual Report.
- Turned the new accounts system on for all users
- Email capture –
- Major speed increase with captured emails being cached locally until time of Posting
- Improvements to automatic assignment ability
- added the ability to specify a different temp email location for different users. All users will be set to use their Local Application Data folder for temp emails. This can be changed in Preferences-> User-Level
- restricted number of emails which can be left in email capture before further captures will be restricted
- Visa Streams – added 188 Business Innovation Extension and 188 Significant Investor Extension
- Various minor bug fixes