SOFTWARE UPDATE (VERSION 8.1)
Migration Manager has just released a major update to the software (Version 8.1) .
Important – A new update has been released since this post was published. Please click this link for details
What is in the Update
This update includes a number of major enhancements. Some of the main items of interest include:
- New Snapshot – Migration Manager now includes a brand new Snapshot. This new Snapshot has been designed to focus in on what the user has to deal with right now. Some of the new features on the Snapshot include details of upcoming Sponsorship and Visa expiries and to see your workload up to 90 days from today.
- New Home Page – To complement the new Snapshot, we have created a Home Page in the Tasks window which provides you with a detailed overview of all of your files, the pipe line of work and the upcoming important dates including File Note review/deadline dates, Visa and Sponsorship expiries and upcoming Progress Items.
- New File Notes – We have redesigned File Notes to look a lot easier to use. When you see the new File Notes window, you will immediately notice that it looks and behaves a lot like Skype or Facebook. All of the functionality that was previously built in to File Notes still exists, but we’ve just made it much easier to pick up and quickly do a File Note.
- New File Notes Tab – If you look in the Client Detail window, you will now notice a tab called File Notes. All of your new and existing File Notes will appear in this tab. To open a File Note, just double click it.
- Merging a Questionnaire – This update will also include the ability to now merge a Questionnaire from data that already exists in a file.
- Editing a Matter Number – Did you make a mistake with the Family Name when you created a matter and end up with a Matter Number that doesn’t fit the bill. As of this update, the Administrator will now have the power to change the Matter Number on a file.
- New Matter Numbers – Not a fan of FLEM0001? As of this next update, you will have the power to choose a number of different matter number formats including the ability to create your own. Remember, with great power, comes great responsibility 🙂
(I have been looking for an opportunity to use this Gif, and given how many people have requested the ability to edit and create their own Matter IDs, this seem like as good an opportunity as any)
- Other: This update includes a number of other minor changes and minor bug fixes.
Many of these items are major changes to the program, so over the coming weeks we will be publishing a number of articles on this blog to help users understand how to make the most of these changes.
How to Perform the Update
When you are ready to perform the update, you should login as the Administrator and then click on the Help menu and then click Online Update.
When the update window opens click the ‘Start’ button and then follow any prompts. We do recommend that you do a full update and download the latest DIBP forms so as to ensure that you have all of the latest versions.
If you have any problems performing the update please don’t hesitate to contact Migration Manager’s support team who are there to help you. You can log a support call through the Help button in Migration Manager or you can click the Support link in the menu bar at the top of this webpage.
Image Credit: Image 107558093 licensed from Shutterstock.com
GIF Credit: Reddit.com: http://www.reddit.com/r/noisygifs/comments/1syztg/ive_got_the_power/127,680