Migration Manager Software Update & Questionnaire Update
A major update for Migration Manager as well as a minor update to the CIQ will soon be released for Beta testers with the main release currently estimated to be released for all users within the next few weeks.
BETA TESTERS NEEDED
If you are interested in being one of our Beta Testers and getting early access to some of these new features and providing quality feedback, please head over to our Beta Tester Registration page for more information on how to to be involved (please don’t sign up though if you aren’t sure what it means to be a Beta tester).
If you’re one of our Brisbane users and you want to learn more about how to use the new features in this update, check out our upcoming seminars:
The Migration Manager program will see a number of major new features released as part of this update. The main new features in this update are:
» New Online Assessments
This update sees the release of the first stage of our move to an online replacement for our longstanding PDF questionnaires: a new Online Assessments & Contact Us Webleads system that enables you to add assessment web questionnaires to your website and is designed to replace our existing Initial Assessment PDF Questionnaires. For instructions on how to setup the new Online Assessment Webleads see our instruction article on: Weblead Settings as well as our instructions on how to setup the Online Assessments on your website : Add an Online Assessment to your Webpage
To go with the new Online Assessments, we have completely reworked the Webleads import system to handle all of the information that comes in from the new Online Assessments. For instructions on how to import Webleads received via the new Online Assessments, see our instruction article on: Receiving and Reviewing Webleads
» Trust Accounting
As of this update, Migration Manager is Trust Accounting Ready. Migration Manager now meets the software requirements of the Legal Profession Uniform Rules to be used as Trust Accounting software in a legal practice. If you are interested in finding out how to setup Migration Manager to be used for Trust Accounting, have a read of our instruction article on How to setup Migration Manager for Trust Accounting as well as our instruction article on how to perform End of Month Procedures: How to run the End of Month Procedures
» Bank Statement Reconciliation
For users of both Trust Accounting and Client Accounting, Migration Manager now has the ability for you to import and reconcile your Client or Trust bank account statements. For instructions on how to perform a Bank Reconciliation, see our instruction article on: Bank Reconciliation
» New Documents Tab
Feedback in relation to the Document tab suggests that many users would make better use of this tab in Migration Manager if it had the same “look and feel” of the standard Windows file explorer. It’s always been much easier to just save or access documents via the file system instead of through Migration Manager, which has carried the unfortunate downside of Migration Manager’s record of documents (the Document tab) often being out of sync with the files saved on your M drive and thus requiring the use of the “Reconcile” button. Well, this update aims to solve these problems by including a completely new Documents tab, designed to act and work like a normal Windows file explorer window, but also giving users the ability to see a chronological view of all documents on a matter if they want that. For instructions on how to use the new Documents tab. For instructions on how to use the new Documents tab, see: How to use the Documents tab menu option.
» New Email Interface
We’ve also changed the way you create and send emails in Migration Manager with a new ‘Email To’ interface designed to make it easier to add addresses and documents to an email at the point of creation. You no longer need to go hunting through the program to find all of the email addresses for the different parties on a matter, and you can drag and drop documents to add to the email from both within Migration Manager and from a folder on your computer. For instructions on how to use the new Email functionality, see: How to Send an Email
» Native Support for Virtual Drives
This is big news for those of you using our Cloud system who want to run Migration Manager on a laptop but don’t want to have to store all of your files on that computer. If you use Dropbox or another online storage service such as Box or Google Drive to store and sync your documents, you can now use third party tools such as ExpanDrive or NetDrive on your laptop to create a virtual drive on that computer. Migration Manager can now access those documents via the virtual drive without any of them having to be permanently stored on that laptop. This is very useful for those who have small laptop hard drives and good internet connections. We will be posting up additional instructions on how to setup Migration Manager to handle Virtual Drives in the very near future.
» Much More…
There is a whole lot more in this update, so for full details of everything that is included, see our full list below:
What is in the Update: Change Log – Version 8.3.7 & CIQ Version 10.4.4
- Trust Accounting Ready – Migration Manager now meets the requirements of the Legal Practice Rules to be used as Trust Accounting software.
- Added Bank Reconciliation functionality. You can now import your Client/Trust bank account statements in to Migration Manager and reconcile the Trust/Client Account. For instructions on how to perform a Bank Reconciliation, see: Bank Reconciliation
- Added Trust End of Month Reports, see How to run the End of Month Procedures
- Added options to the Accounts main menu button to access Reconciliation and EOM functionality.
- Fixed an error message that users received when opening accounts if the matter type was set to Subclass 400 – Australia’s Interest stream
- Added handling of BPAY to Accounts for payments to DIBP.
- Client Detail & Documents
- Released a completely new Documents tab designed to act and work like a normal Windows explorer window, but also give users the ability to retain a chronological view of all documents on a matter. For instructions on how to use the new Documents tab, see: How to use the Documents tab menu option
- Fixed an issue which prevented the language of Kelantan-Pattani Malay being selected.
- New ‘Email To’ interface designed to make it easier to add addresses and documents to an email at the point of creation. For instructions on how to use the new Email functionality, see: How to Send an Email
- Improvements made to Email Capture’s matching process to handle emails where the matter reference has been changed in Migration Manager.
- Fixed an issue which prevented some users from being able to edit their Excluded Subjects list
- File Notes
- Forms & eLodge
- Fixes to various forms and elodge applications.
- Letter & Template Merge
- Modified Accounts merge fields to handle BPAY
- Portal and Progress items
- Ticking an item as Done in progress will now mark all attached documents as ‘complete’ and removed them from the Document Inbox.
- Fixed an issue where the Portal Activation for Sponsors was giving a “no email address error” if there was no email on the Business tab – it now only needs an email address on the cover page.
- Fixed an issue where the Portal website was not showing the correct number of how many documents had been uploaded.
- Added a copy button to the Portal URL. For instructions on how to use the url to add the Portal to your website, see: Add the Secure Client Portal to your Webpage
- Preferences & Permissions
- Added a tab to Preferences for the new Online Assessments Webleads setup. For instructions on how to setup the Online Assessments Webleads see: Setup Online Assessments in Migration Manager
- Added a tab to Preferences for obtaining the URLs and setting the Online Assessment Terms and Conditions. For instructions on how to setup the Online Assessments on your website see: Add an Online Assessment to your Webpage
- Added the ability for users to be given permission to delete a file instead of it only being an Administrator role
- Added the ability for users to be given permission to restore deleted file notes. For instructions on how to set this permission see: User Level Permissions – File Notes
- Added the ability for users to be given permission to change a File Reference instead of it only being an Administrator role. For instructions on how to set the user permission and change a matter reference see: Changing Matter Numbers
- Added user permission to perform Bank Reconciliation and undo Bank Reconcilliations. For instructions on how to set these, see: User Permissions needed for Bank Reconciliation
- Fixed an issue that prevented some users being able to export data in to a questionnaire.
- New CIQ version 10.4.4
- Change partner visa employment question to ask for employment since birth.
- Added additional English Language tests.
- Updated Visa lists.
- Fixed an issue where the ClientRMA was showing for Business Sponsors.
- Added pre Billing Guide to Accounts Reports.
- Added Client/Trust Statements to Accounts Reports.
- Added End of Month Reports for Trust Accounting.
- Added Audit Report as part of End of Month.
- Webleads & Online Assessments
- Released a new Online Assessments & Contact Us Webleads system that enables you to add assessment web questionnaires to your website. For instructions on to setup the new Online Assessment Webleads see: Weblead Settings
- Added a tab to Preferences for the obtaining the URLs and setting the Online Assessment Terms and Conditions. For instructions on how to setup the Online Assessments on your website see: Add an Online Assessment to your Webpage
- Complete rework of the Webleads import system to handle the new Online Assessments. For instructions on how to import Webleads received via the new Online Assessments, see: Receiving and Reviewing Webleads
- Migration Manager now handles relative paths such that each instance of MM now no longer needs the exact same file mappings as every other instance.
- Migration Manager now works natively with ExpanDrive and other virtual drive software.
- Fixed an issue which allowed a space to be added to a Matter ID at time of creation.
- Reworked the Log a Support Call functionality to improve attachment handling. For instructions on how to use the new Log a Support Call, see: How to get Support
- Other minor bug fixes and enhancements.
A list of previous updates and what they included can be found here: Release Update History
How to Perform the Update
When you are ready to perform the update, you should login as the Administrator and then click on the Help menu and then click Online Update. For full instructions on how to perform the update, please see: How to Perform an Update.
When the update window opens click the ‘Start’ button and then follow any prompts. We do recommend that you do a full update and download the latest DIBP forms from Legendcom/immiAccount as DIBP has recently released a number of essential changes – this update includes new mappings for a number of these updated forms.
One final point, if you have any problems performing the update please don’t hesitate to contact Migration Manager’s support team who are there to help you. You can log a support call through the Help button in Migration Manager or you can click the Support link in the menu bar at the top of this webpage.
Cover image licensed from Shutterstock