Migration Manager Software Update & Questionnaire Update
A major update for Migration Manager will soon be released for Beta testers with the main release currently estimated to be released for all users over the next couple of weeks.
Version 8.4.0 of the Migration Manager program will see the release of a number of major new features to all users. For the last few months these new features have been undergoing extensive testing by our Beta Testers and refinement by our developers and they are now ready for prime time. For Beta Testers, this update will include all of the features previously released in Beta versions 8.3.7 and 8.3.9 plus a number of additional refinements and improvements based on your feedback, including a number of major speed improvements – full details appear below in our change log list. Again a big thank you to those Beta Testers who have provided good, constructive feedback.
The main new features in this update are:
» New Online Assessments
This update sees the release of the first stage of our move to an online replacement for our longstanding PDF questionnaires: a new Online Assessments & Contact Us Webleads system that enables you to add assessment web questionnaires to your website and is designed to replace our existing Initial Assessment PDF Questionnaires. For instructions on how to setup the new Online Assessment Webleads see our instruction article on: Weblead Settings as well as our instructions on how to setup the Online Assessments on your website : Add an Online Assessment to your Webpage
To go with the new Online Assessments, we have completely reworked the Webleads import system to handle all of the information that comes in from the new Online Assessments. For instructions on how to import Webleads received via the new Online Assessments, see our instruction article on: Receiving and Reviewing Webleads
» Trust Accounting
As of this update, Migration Manager is Trust Accounting Ready. Migration Manager now meets the software requirements of the Legal Profession Uniform Rules to be used as Trust Accounting software in a legal practice. If you are interested in finding out how to setup Migration Manager to be used for Trust Accounting, have a read of our instruction article on How to setup Migration Manager for Trust Accounting as well as our instruction article on how to perform End of Month Procedures: How to run the End of Month Procedures
» Bank Statement Reconciliation
For users of both Trust Accounting and Client Accounting, Migration Manager now has the ability for you to import and reconcile your Client or Trust bank account statements. For instructions on how to perform a Bank Reconciliation, see our instruction article on: Bank Reconciliation
» New Documents Tab
Feedback in relation to the Document tab suggests that many users would make better use of this tab in Migration Manager if it had the same “look and feel” of the standard Windows file explorer. It’s always been much easier to just save or access documents via the file system instead of through Migration Manager, which has carried the unfortunate downside of Migration Manager’s record of documents (the Document tab) often being out of sync with the files saved on your M drive and thus requiring the use of the “Reconcile” button. Well, this update aims to solve these problems by including a completely new Documents tab, designed to act and work like a normal Windows file explorer window, but also giving users the ability to see a chronological view of all documents on a matter if they want that. For instructions on how to use the new Documents tab. For instructions on how to use the new Documents tab, see: How to use the Documents tab menu option.
» New Email Interface
We’ve also changed the way you create and send emails in Migration Manager with a new ‘Email To’ interface designed to make it easier to add addresses and documents to an email at the point of creation. You no longer need to go hunting through the program to find all of the email addresses for the different parties on a matter, and you can drag and drop documents to add to the email from both within Migration Manager and from a folder on your computer. For instructions on how to use the new Email functionality, see: How to Send an Email
» Native Support for Virtual Drives
This is big news for those of you using our Cloud system who want to run Migration Manager on a laptop but don’t want to have to store all of your files on that computer. If you use Dropbox or another online storage service such as Box or Google Drive to store and sync your documents, you can now use third party tools such as ExpanDrive or NetDrive on your laptop to create a virtual drive on that computer. Migration Manager can now access those documents via the virtual drive without any of them having to be permanently stored on that laptop. This is very useful for those who have small laptop hard drives and good internet connections. We will be posting up additional instructions on how to setup Migration Manager to handle Virtual Drives in the very near future.
» Much More…
There is a whole lot more in this update, so for full details of everything that is included, see our full list below:
What is in the Update: Change Log – Version 8.4.0 (includes 8.3.7 and 8.3.9 previously released to BETA only) & CIQ Version 10.4.4
- Trust Accounting Ready – Migration Manager now meets the requirements of the Legal Practice Rules to be used as Trust Accounting software.
- Added Bank Reconciliation functionality. You can now import your Client/Trust bank account statements in to Migration Manager and reconcile the Trust/Client Account. For instructions on how to perform a Bank Reconciliation, see: Bank Reconciliation
- Added Trust End of Month Reports, see How to run the End of Month Procedures
- Added options to the Accounts main menu button to access Reconciliation and EOM functionality.
- Fixed an error message that users received when opening accounts if the matter type was set to Subclass 400 – Australia’s Interest stream
- Added handling of BPAY to Accounts for payments to DIBP.
- Added the ability to group search results by deleted status.
- Added tracking of who deletes time and fee entries.
- Added additional information to the BAS reports to show specific breakdown details of disbursement expenditure.
- Modified the accounts menu button ordering to group similar actions together.
- Modified the Outstanding Invoices and Debtors Statement to include adjustments in the invoice total instead of the amount paid.
- Modified the Fee Earner performance report to show further details in the efficiency calculations.
- Fixed an issue with the export to Xero where an error occurred if there was a reversed invoice with a $0 entry.
- Fixed an issue preventing the reversal of transfers applied to draft invoices.
- Fixed an issue that caused an error if you clicked a report grouping in the report window.
- Client Detail & Documents
- Released a completely new Documents tab designed to act and work like a normal Windows explorer window, but also give users the ability to retain a chronological view of all documents on a matter. For instructions on how to use the new Documents tab, see: How to use the Documents tab menu option
- Added a field to the Business Sponsor matter type to allow you to record the entities EOFY date. Note that by default the system will regard the EOFY as 30 June unless otherwise specified.
- Fixed an issue which prevented the language of Kelantan-Pattani Malay being selected.
- Modified the behaviour of linking/nominating 407 matters in a business sponsor. It is now listed as a nomination and not a link.
- Fixed an issue where changing the marital status of a spouse within the relations tab was not always saving.
- Major speed improvements made to the Document Reconcile function.
- For those previously on the 8.3.9 Beta
- Added a maximise and minimise button to the documents tab main window. Clicking maximise will now make the documents tab go full screen and show all columns (screen size permitting).
- Added an icon to show which emails included attachments.
- Fixed an issue which disabled the delete button if a document had been opened in edit mode during the current session.
- Fixed an issue which prevented the deleting of newly created folders using the delete button.
- Fixed an issue affecting the drag and dropping of documents in to subfolders.
- For those previously on the 8.3.7 Beta who haven’t updated to 8.3.9:
- Major speed improvements made to new documents tab to increase loading speed for mattes with thousands of documents.
- Added a user preference to set the documents tab to default to either flat or tree view. For instructions on how to set this see: Documents Tab User Preferences
- Significant speed increase made to the Email To window when opened from the Documents tab.
- Added a keyboard shortcut for Search. Clicking Ctrl + F will now take you straight to the search window and set focus on the search field so that you can just start typing. This is the same user behaviour as you find in Word, Chrome etc.
- The column width has been decreased so more columns are visible when opened in non maximised view.
- Clicking CIQ no refreshes Documents tab
- Fixed a bug where clicking the scroll arrow opened the first document.
- Fixed a bug that resulted in thumbs.db files showing for some users.
- Fixed a bug where temporary files were visible for some users when merging documents.
- Fixed a bug affecting the drag and drop of files on to the documents tab right hand panel.
- Fixed a bug which required the double clicking of the Tree/Flat view button to change views.
- Fixed a bug affecting the Clear Search button
- Added Subclass 407 Visas to the eLodge online visa application options.
- New ‘Email To’ interface designed to make it easier to add addresses and documents to an email at the point of creation. For instructions on how to use the new Email functionality, see: How to Send an Email
- Improvements made to Email Capture’s matching process to handle emails where the matter reference has been changed in Migration Manager.
- Fixed an issue which prevented some users from being able to edit their Excluded Subjects list
- Speed improvements have been made to the Email Capture process which should result in heavy users of email capture seeing improvements in the opening of Email Capture and the capture process itself.
- Fixed an issue where a sponsor’s contact was not showing the alternative email address in the Email To window.
- Fixed an issue where File Creation date was not being added when an email was converted in to a matter.
- For Beta testers still on 8.3.7 who haven’t updated to 8.3.9
- You can now type an email address directly in to the Email To window (just remember to have the ; symbol at the end for it to commit).
- Modifed the Email To window to now close when you click ‘Create Email’.
- Clicking Email To no longer refreshes the Documents tab (should increase speed significantly)
- Fixed an issue where the business sponsor’s email address was not showing when opening the Email To window in a Sponsor file.
- Fixed an issue which resulted in the new Email window opening slowly if the documents tab contained thousands of documents.
- File Notes
- Added the ability for deleted File Notes to be restored. For instructions on how to delete and restore a deleted filenote see: How to Delete a Filenote and How to restore a Deleted Filenote
- Fixed an issue that prevented some users from being unable to un-highlight previously highlighted text (via the right click menu options).
- Letter & Template Merge
- Modified Accounts merge fields to handle BPAY
- Portal and Progress items
- Ticking an item as Done in progress will now mark all attached documents as ‘complete’ and removed them from the Document Inbox.
- Fixed an issue where the Portal Activation for Sponsors was giving a “no email address error” if there was no email on the Business tab – it now only needs an email address on the cover page.
- Fixed an issue where the Portal website was not showing the correct number of how many documents had been uploaded.
- Added a copy button to the Portal URL. For instructions on how to use the url to add the Portal to your website, see: Add the Secure Client Portal to your Webpage
- Preferences & Permissions
- Added a tab to Preferences for the new Online Assessments Webleads setup. For instructions on how to setup the Online Assessments Webleads see: Setup Online Assessments in Migration Manager
- Added a tab to Preferences for obtaining the URLs and setting the Online Assessment Terms and Conditions. For instructions on how to setup the Online Assessments on your website see: Add an Online Assessment to your Webpage
- Added the ability for users to be given permission to delete a file instead of it only being an Administrator role
- Added the ability for users to be given permission to restore deleted file notes. For instructions on how to set this permission see: User Level Permissions – File Notes
- Added the ability for users to be given permission to change a File Reference instead of it only being an Administrator role. For instructions on how to set the user permission and change a matter reference see: Changing Matter Numbers
- Added user permission to perform Bank Reconciliation and undo Bank Reconcilliations. For instructions on how to set these, see: User Permissions needed for Bank Reconciliation
- Fixed an issue that prevented some users being able to export data in to a questionnaire.
- New CIQ version 10.4.4
- Change partner visa employment question to ask for employment since birth.
- Added additional English Language tests.
- Updated Visa lists.
- Fixed an issue where the ClientRMA was showing for Business Sponsors.
- Added pre Billing Guide to Accounts Reports.
- Added Client/Trust Statements to Accounts Reports.
- Added End of Month Reports for Trust Accounting.
- Added Audit Report as part of End of Month.
- Added report fields for Stream and Category.
- Webleads & Online Assessments
- Released a new Online Assessments & Contact Us Webleads system that enables you to add assessment web questionnaires to your website. For instructions on to setup the new Online Assessment Webleads see: Weblead Settings
- Added a tab to Preferences for the obtaining the URLs and setting the Online Assessment Terms and Conditions. For instructions on how to setup the Online Assessments on your website see: Add an Online Assessment to your Webpage
- Complete rework of the Webleads import system to handle the new Online Assessments. For instructions on how to import Webleads received via the new Online Assessments, see: Receiving and Reviewing Webleads
- Migration Manager now handles relative paths such that each instance of MM now no longer needs the exact same file mappings as every other instance.
- Migration Manager now works natively with ExpanDrive and other virtual drive software.
- Fixed an issue which allowed a space to be added to a Matter ID at time of creation.
- Reworked the Log a Support Call functionality to improve attachment handling. For instructions on how to use the new Log a Support Call, see: How to get Support
- Speed improvements have been made to the Open window.
- UX improvements to the login window when incorrect passwords have been entered.
- Other minor bug fixes and enhancements.
A list of previous updates and what they included can be found here: Release Update History
How to Perform the Update
When you are ready to perform the update, you should login as the Administrator and then click on the Help menu and then click Online Update. For full instructions on how to perform the update, please see: How to Perform an Update.
When the update window opens click the ‘Start’ button and then follow any prompts. We do recommend that you do a full update and download the latest DIBP forms from Legendcom/immiAccount as DIBP has recently released a number of Form changes
One final point, if you have any problems performing the update please don’t hesitate to contact Migration Manager’s support team who are there to help you. You can log a support call through the Help button in Migration Manager or you can click the Support link in the menu bar at the top of this webpage.
Cover image licensed from Shutterstock