Migration Manager Software Update (Version 8.4.3)
A Software and Questionnaire update has been released to Beta users.
What is included in this Update
This update (Program Version 8.4.3) contains the following:
- Modified the behaviour of bank reconciliation such that undoing the last reconciliation will also now undo transactions which had been excluded.
- Fixed an issue which allowed the printing of a Client Receipt even if it was out of balance. The receipt must now balance before it can print.
- Fixed an issue where dates were not displaying the correct UTC adjusted time in the Client Account tab for some users.
- Fixed an issue where the latest Trust Accounting templates were not downloading for some users.
- Client Details and Documents
- Added new fields for updated CIQ including registration licence number and licencing English language requirements.
- Added new fields to Business Sponsors including:
- Details Tab: Tax Exemption status, Financial Year end date.
- Staff: Fields for recording number of permanent residents and number of Temporary Activity employees.
- A new Training Expenses Tab to record Training Fund Contributions and the detailed breakdown of other training expenditure.
- Information (adverse): New fields to handle the new 457 Sponsorship and Nomination adverse information questions.
- Nominations Tab:
- The window has been expanded to handle additional tabs and grid columns.
- For Sponsorships: Fields for recording Group ID and Group Name if it is a Temporary Activities Sponsorship.
- For Nominations: A new Location tab for recording all employment locations plus contact persons.
- For Nominations: A new Business Relationships tab for recording relationships between directors/owners and nominated individuals.
- For Links: a new Events tab for subclass 408 visas for events such as Commonwealth Games and Rugby League World Cup.
- Added an option to the DIBP tab to auto tick (or not) all elodge declarations.
- Fixed an issue in the Nominations tab where 403 and 408 links were not displaying the associated Sponsorship in the grid.
- Removed the old ASCO columns from the nominations occupation templates grid.
- Fixed an issue where deleting a passport was leaving the passport number against visa records. Delete the passport will now also delete the passport details from the visa records/
- Ongoing fixes and improvements. These fixes actually get rolled out continuously behind the scenes (sometimes daily) and do not form part of the program updates.
- Emails & Document Inbox
- Fixed an issue where the deduplication functionality was hiding documents of the same name but different document type. These will not be hidden.
- Modified the email capture to prevent triggering the Outlook security warning for some users.
- Letter/Document Merge
- Fixed an error some users were receiving when trying to download updated Templates letters.
- Modified the Portal website so that all dates are formatted the same.
- Preferences and Permissions
- Added an option in the DIBP preferences tab to enable/disable the default auto-tick declarations setting.
- Added additional password options including password expiry and various other options.
- Added a User Permission to allow specific users to set user permissions, edit and delete users and edit passwords (no longer restricted to just the Administrator).
- Questionnaires – Release of CIQ Version 10.5.4 including:
- Fixed an issue that resulted in the Email To button showing for the Temporary Sports Questionnaire when sending the Questionnaire via the Portal.
- Fixed an issue where the 457 Questionnaire was only asking for current residential address
- Modified the questions about paying for sponsorship
- Added a report field for “Most Recent Summary Note”.
- Removed the warning about using 64bit Outlook (we still don’t officially support 64bit Outlook but as of Office365, 64bit Outlook seems to work fine with Migration Manager – earlier versions may still be incompatible)
- Fixed an issue where changing the matter ID would result in a file in use warning for some users.
- Fixed an issue where creating a migrant file without a surname would create a blank sponsors file.
- Fixed an issue which resulted in Adobe Reader DC causing Migration Manager to crash for some users.
- Other fixes and improvements.
A list of previous updates and what they included can be found here: Release Update History
How to Perform the Update
When you are ready to perform the update, you should login as the Administrator and then click on the Help menu and then click Online Update. For full instructions on how to perform the update, please see: How to Perform an Update.
When the update window opens click the ‘Start’ button and then follow any prompts. We do recommend that you do a full update and download the latest DIBP forms from Legendcom/immiAccount as DIBP has recently released a number of Form changes
One final point, if you have any problems performing the update please don’t hesitate to contact Migration Manager’s support team who are there to help you. You can log a support call through the Help button in Migration Manager or you can click the Support link in the menu bar at the top of this webpage.
Cover image licensed from Shutterstock