Migration Manager Software Update (Version 8.5.0)
A Software and Questionnaire update will soon be released to all users.
What is included in this Update
This update (Program Version 8.5.0) contains the following features and bug fixes for all our users. Note that for our non-beta testers that this update contains items which were released as parts of updates 8.4.6 to 8.4.9 which were only released previously to our testers:
- Add native support for Statutory Deposit Accounts. For instructions on how to use the Statutory Deposit Account feature please see: How to Make a Statutory Deposit
- Modified the wording that appears on a Statement of Services to make it clearer what payments were made by Client/Trust to Office Transfers
- Fixed an issue that resulted in an error when opening a deposit request for a Prospect matter.
- Opening Balances – fixed an error that happened if you had an opening disbursement but no other opening balances for a matter
- Modified the Bank Reconciliation review window such that when the bank rec dates are changed, check for any excluded transactions that need to be un-excluded from the view.
- In Bank Reconciliation, changed the sort order on the Transactions tab from transaction date to entry date
- Fixed an issue affecting the bank reconciliation final report when statements are imported from .ofx files.
- Modified the behaviour of the Bank Reconciliation function to prevent a bank statement from being deleted if any lines have been reconciled and not reversed.
- Client Details and Documents
- Modified the Contacts window to remove the comma where only one field name populated
- Add additional fields for relationship dates in the Relations tab.
- New fields added to Business Sponsor for the updated BSQ
- Added ASEAN Summit 2018 to Events option for 408 links
- Fixed a bug affecting some users when clicking the Go To button on the cover page for a secondary applicant.
- Fixed an issue where multiple adopted child entries caused an error in the relations window.
- Fixed an issue where PDFs that had been created from a word document were not always showing for some users.
- Elodge & Forms
- Modified the PDF Forms Downloader to increase stability and performance.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the merging of a form if Show All Persons was ticked.
- Modified the email capture system to improve stability and fix an error/crash experienced by some users when running email capture (please contact the support team if you still have issues with email capture after this update).
- Modified the email capture user settings window to speed up the opening for users with large numbers of outlook folders.
- Fixed an issue where the Network or Local settings option was not being retained.
- Email capture no longer shows a warning about using 64bit Outlook
- Modified the email icons for received and sent emails
- Modified the Email Capture history log to only keep the last 500 log entries per user
- Portal and Progress Items
- Fixed an issue where changes to a sponsor’s name or email address was not updating immediately in the Portal.
- Preferences and Settings
- Questionnaires –
- Release of CIQ Version 10.5.6 including:
- Modified fields relating to relationship dates
- Modify the wording of the 457 employment history to ask for more information
- Release of BSQ Version 9.1.1
- Part (2) Added additional sponsorship types
- Part (4) Move location of Industry type field so it can be longer
- Part (4) Add section and table for Webpage (shows for 457s only)
- Part (4) Modified wording of Start Date to state: Business Australian trading start date
- Part (4) Add company secretary as an option to owner role section
- Part (4) Add ability to have multiple franchises
- Part (4) Add question about Tax Exemption
- Part (6) Add question about length of trading
- Part (6) Add in budget section (appears if trading less than 12 months)
- Part (6) Major rewrite of the financials and training section. Depending on the answers to questions 6(a) and 6(b) columns in the financials and training will appear/disappear;
- Part (7) added fields for number of Other Temporary Workers and Permanent Residents
- Part (8) Move question about previous sponsorships here
- Part (8) Move question about previous applications here
- Part (9) Added questions in relation to recruitment cost
- Part (9) Remove question about migration law investigation
- Part (9) Add question about court findings
- Part (9) Remove question about Employment law breach
- Part (9) Add question about competent authority
- Part (9) Remove question about contraventions of other laws
- Part (9) Add question about investigations
- Part (10) Add question about number of nominations and question about justification
- Part (10) Replace employment location with new multiple employment location section
- Part (10) added yes/no and detail question about licencing and registration.
- Part (10) added questions about relationship to owner/director
- Change labels that say Business to now say Business / Organisation
- Release of CIQ Version 10.5.6 including:
- Templates & Letter Merges
- Fixed an issue that resulted in letter/template merging for some users freezing mid-process.
- Add merge fields for Client/Trust deposits for total requested, total received, and outstanding.
- Added merge fields for Events
- Fixed an issue affecting Training and Student versions of Migration Manager that resulted in databases disk size not being periodically compressed.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in an error message for some users when performing a backup
- Fixed an issue affecting the screen size of the Create a User Account window
- Added additional diagnostic details to the About window and Help functions
- Other fixes and improvements.
A list of previous updates and what they included can be found here: Release Update History
How to Perform the Update
When you are ready to perform the update, you should login as the Administrator and then click on the Help menu and then click Online Update. For full instructions on how to perform the update, please see: How to Perform an Update.
When the update window opens click the ‘Start’ button and then follow any prompts. We do recommend that you do a full update and download the latest DIBP forms from Legendcom/immiAccount as DIBP has recently released a number of Form changes
One final point, if you have any problems performing the update please don’t hesitate to contact Migration Manager’s support team who are there to help you. You can log a support call through the Help button in Migration Manager or you can click the Support link in the menu bar at the top of this webpage.
Cover image licensed from Shutterstock