Migration Manager Software and CIQ Update (Version 8.5.6 and 8.5.7)
A Software and CIQ update has been released to all users focused on the TSS changes.
This update is a small update that is primarily aimed at modifying Migration Manager to deal with the Subclass 482 Temporary Skills Shortage Sponsorship, Nomination and Visa. This update also includes changes to the Client Information Questionnaire designed to handle the new information required. This update does not include an update to the Business Sponsor Questionnaires – changes to BSQ will be forthcoming as part of a bigger update currently scheduled for an approximate May/June release.
Update: Some users have reported issues without their forms downloader timing out after the update. A fix has been released for this. Please update to Version 8.5.7 which contains a fix for this issue.
What is included in this Update
This update (Program Version 8.5.6 and CIQ 10.5.9) contains the following features and bug fixes for all our users:
- Invoices – Modify the BPAY logo to include additional instructions
- Invoice – Added a prompt to remind people to set a default Client/Trust account if they haven’t done so when they generate an invoice.
- Reconciliation – fixed an issue that resulted in multi part deposits recorded as a single item not showing correctly in the reconciliation view.
- Search – modified the search results to better handle receipted amount results for invoices paid in multiple transactions.
- Statutory Deposits – Fixed an issue that occurred for some users when recording a statutory deposit that took place on a date other than the recorded date.
- Fixed an error that occurred when transferring funds to pay an invoice with items which had been discounted to zero.
- Fixed an error received by some users when trying to run the Client/Trust Statements report.
- Client Detail
- Added a new matter type under the visa application category for: 482 – Temporary Skilled Shortage with three streams.
- Added a new matter type under the Sponsorships and Nominations category for Temporary Skilled Shortage Nomination with three streams.
- Sponsor – Renamed the Sponsorship creation option to be called Standard Business Sponsorship (previously it referred to 457)
- Sponsor – Added the ability to create a 482 Nomination in the Nomination tab.
- Sponsor Staff – Modified fields to now handle staff holding 482 visas
- Visas – Added the Subclass 482 as a Visa option
- Documents and Templates
- Letters – Fixed an issue that resulted in some users receiving an error or time out message when trying to merge a template.
- Forms & eLodge
- eLodge – Updated ENS and RSMS Nomination and Visa applications
- eLodge – Updated Standard Business Sponsorship to handle 482
- eLodge – Added 482 Nomination (482 Visa will be added soon)
- Forms Downloader – modified the forms downloader in both the update window and the form merge window to significantly improve download speeds and handling of time outs from slow connections.
- PDF Questionnaires – CIQ Version 10.5.9
- CIQ – Add 482 as a visa option
- CIQ – Change the travel question for temporary work questionnaires to align with the question in the 482 Visa.
- CIQ – Modify the education question for temporary employment questionnaire to align with the 482 Visa question.
- CIQ – Added a question about payments to Business Sponsor. Only appears if a Business Sponsor is present.
- CIQ – Fix typo in family sponsor question regarding living arrangements.
- CIQ – Employment type is now visible for employment and skilled visas for the primary applicant
- CIQ – Modify the additional visas question to specifically refer to other Australian visas for most application types (excluding Student)
- CIQ – Hours per week worked is now visible for Skilled and Employment Questionnaires
- CIQ – Fixed an issue where employment contact person was not showing for student questionnaires
- CIQ – modify questions about previous travel for temporary employer sponsored matters
- CIQ – Set visa country to default to Australia if not a Student matter.
- Import – modify CIQ Import process to handle new CIQ fields
- Export – modified the CIQ Export process to handle new CIQ fields
- Modified the Questionnaire configuration service to now configure CIQ 10.5.9
- Portal and Progress
- Messaging – Fixed an issue where some users couldn’t scroll through long messages.
- Messaging – Modified the tab order of new messages
- Messaging – Improvements to the html editor tool to allow selection and copying of text using keyboard shortcuts
- Messaging – Fixed an issue where it was possible for some users to send two messages at once by double clicking the Send button.
- Progress Items – Create basic checklist for 482 Nomination and Visa applications
- Portal – Fixed an issue when trying to upload a Temp Sports Activity CIQ to the Portal.
- Portal – Modified the CIQ merge functionality to prevent the merging of a CIQ in the incorrect matter when another matter is set to active.
- Fixed an issue where position location fields were not returning results.
- Updates: Fixed an issue that show parts of the update for some users as being complete but still required further action (this fix will only be in place the next time an update is run after this update)
- Fixed an issue that prevented some cloud users from saving a copy of a back up to their local machine.
- Other fixes and improvements.
A list of previous updates and what they included can be found here: Release Update History
How to Perform the Update
When you are ready to perform the update, you should login as the Administrator and then click on the Help menu and then click Online Update. For full instructions on how to perform the update, please see: How to Perform an Update.
When the update window opens click the ‘Start’ button and then follow any prompts. We do recommend that you do a full update and download the latest DIBP forms from Legendcom/immiAccount as DIBP has recently released a number of Form changes
One final point, if you have any problems performing the update please don’t hesitate to contact Migration Manager’s support team who are there to help you. You can log a support call through the Help button in Migration Manager or you can click the Support link in the menu bar at the top of this webpage.
Cover image licensed from Shutterstock