Migration Manager Software and CIQ/BSQ Updates (Version 8.5.9)
A Software, CIQ and BSQ update has been released to all Beta users (and will shortly be released to all users) focused on the GDPR and TSS changes.
What is included in this Update
This update (Program Version 8.5.9, CIQ 10.6.1 and BSQ 9.2.2) contains the following features and bug fixes for all our users:
- Accounts Search – Added the ability to search based on either what matter the work was performed on or what client it was billed to.
- Accounts Search – Added additional column options including Tax Code, Fee/Disb Code, Billed To, Billed To Name, Visa Applying for and File Status
- Added a new “Approved By” textbox to the Client Payment, Client to Office Transfer and Client Refund forms
- Bank Reconciliation – Added the ability to create a partial manual adjustment
- Client/Trust Payments: Changed New Client Payment, New Client to Office Transfer and New Client Refund to record a separate EFT number if the payment type is EFT (in addition to the existing payment number).
- Preferences: Added the ability to specify a different starting EFT number in the Accounts Preferences
- Reports: Added a Client/Trust Payment Summaries Report to accounts reports
- Reports: Changed trust payment cashbook report and trust ledger report to show the EFT number for EFT payments
- Reversals: Fixed an issue where the reversal of an office receipt was not removing any credit card surcharge applied to an invoice. Note that this change only affects reversals that take place after the update
- Client Detail
- Nominations – Added a country field to the position location window.
- Nomination – On the position tab modified the labour hire field to now be a Yes/No field
- Nomination – Added a Labour Hire details field
- Nomination – Modified Intra-Company to now be a Yes/No field
- Sponsor – Added gender and date of birth fields to the owners tab.
- Documents and Templates
- Letter Merge – Remove the check on the version of Word installed to address an issue experienced by a small number of users who have office installed as Windows App via the Windows Store.
- Forms & eLodge
- Citizenship by Descent has been released as an eLodge option – note that not all fields are currently filled as those fields don’t yet exist in Migration Manager
- Citizenship by Conferral has been released as an eLodge option – note that not all fields are currently filled as those fields don’t yet exist in Migration Manager
- eLodge: various and ongoing fixes for reported eLodged bugs (these elodge updates are actually pushed out on a nearly daily basis by our development team, so this is just a reminder that if you have logged something recently it has most likely been patched)
- Forms Preferences – Added an option in preferences under the Dept tab to increase the timeout for legendcom form downloads (useful if the legendcom is being slow).
- Forms Download – Fixed an error that was received if you cancelled a single PDF form download part way through the download process.
- Online Assessments and Webleads
- Assessment App Preferences – We have added a new tab to the preferences to allow you to modify/add declarations to the end of the online assessments. For instructions on how to set up the Online Assessment App including details on how to set the declarations, please see: How to Set Up the Online Assessments
- Assessment App Preferences – Added an update
- Webleads Import – the assessment import/review window will display the Yes/No answers given to the consents and declarations and results recorded in the saved PDF
- Online Assessment App – Modified the declarations/consents to now display those set in the MM preferences (GDPR compliance)
- Online Assessment App – Modified the assessment app to allow the end user the ability to delete a saved assessment if it has not been submitted (GDPR compliance)
- Online Assessment App – Modified the assessment app to automatically delete any saved assessment which has not been submitted within 90 days of commencement (GDPR Compliance)
- Online Assessment App – Modified the successful sign in notification to advise the user how many days remaining before deletion (GDPR Compliance)
- Online Assessment App – Modified the security and privacy modal pop up to include more information about how and where the data is processed (GDPR compliance)
- Online Assessment App – Modified the behaviour of the Assessment App to automatically delete the end users data after it has been successfully transmitted to the MM User (GDPR Compliance)
- Online Assessment App – Added a Cookies Notice to the Assessment App (GDPR compliance)
- Portal and Progress Items
- Inbox – fixed an error received by a user when trying to download a PDF that had ceased to have a previously matched progress item
- Messaging – Increased the limit on the total size of documents that can be uploaded by an MM User to now be a total 200mb per matter.
- Portal (web) – Fixed a rare issue where a user received a message that a document was unable to be downloaded in Migration Manager when there was in fact no issue.
- Portal (web) – Added a Cookies Notice
- Portal (web) – Modified the Portal Log-on page to have better spacing between the logo and the log on section
- Portal (web) – Modified the Portal Log-on page to not tick the agreement to T&C by default (GDPR compliance)
- Portal (web) – Modified the main page of the portal to now hide the separate questionnaires section. Questionnaires will now just show in the Inbox (the overwhelming user feedback was that having it in two places caused user confusion)
- Portal (web) – Fixed an issue where when a user changed their logon user ID, the success window wouldn’t close
- Portal (web) – Modified the security and privacy modal pop up to include more information
- Questionnaires (PDF)
- Updated BSQ released (version 9.2.2) which includes:
- Modifications and changes to handle 482 Sponsorships and Nominations including new salary and market salary fields for 482 Nominations
- Updated CIQ released (version 10.6.1) which includes
- Modified the layout of the relationship questions
- Fixed an issue where the temporary employer sponsored questionnaire was not asking for all countries visited in the last 10 years
- CIQ Export – modified to handle version 10.6.1
- Updated BSQ released (version 9.2.2) which includes:
- Fixed an issue where nomination position location fields was not returning results.
- Schedules: Modified the wording of the TSS matter type
- Other fixes and improvements.
A list of previous updates and what they included can be found here: Release Update History
How to Perform the Update
When you are ready to perform the update, you should login as the Administrator and then click on the Help menu and then click Online Update. For full instructions on how to perform the update, please see: How to Perform an Update.
When the update window opens click the ‘Start’ button and then follow any prompts. We do recommend that you do a full update and download the latest DIBP forms from Legendcom/immiAccount as DIBP has recently released a number of Form changes
One final point, if you have any problems performing the update please don’t hesitate to contact Migration Manager’s support team who are there to help you. You can log a support call through the Help button in Migration Manager or you can click the Support link in the menu bar at the top of this webpage.
Cover image licensed from Shutterstock