Migration Manager Software Update (Version 8.6.1)
A Software update is being rolled out to to all users which includes a number of bug fixes and performance improvements.
This update is a ‘small’ update of Migration Manager that is focused improving the speed of some of the most frequently used parts of the program including letter merge, email capture and the downloading of department forms. There are also some additional accounts reporting functionality.
What is included in this Update
This update contains the following features and bug fixes for all our users:
- Receipt Reversal – Fixed an issue that resulted in a warning appearing when reversing a receipt that returned the account to $0
- Reports – Added an option to the Client/Trust Trial Balance Report to exclude matters with a $0 balance
- Reports – Fixed an issue with the format of the PDF Trust Trial Balance Report
- Search – Modified the visa applying for column to now be ‘Matter Applying For’
- Email Capture – Fixed an issue where an extension with a very very long file name can cause an error
- Email Capture – Fixed an issue where an image in the subject line can cause an error
- Forms Update – Added additional error handling and notification to deal with problems with the Department’s website.
- Forms Update – Modified the updater to better detect incorrect password issues and present a settings window to allow the user to update the password details in Migration Manager if there is an issue.
- Forms Update – The update has been changed to default to skipping the forms download as part of the update if an update has been run in the past 14 days.
- Forms Downloader – Added additional information to the diagnostics
- Letter Merge – Speed improvements made to letter merges.
- Letter Merge – Fixed an issue where for some users the letter merge function was taking longer than normal to open.
- Online Assessments and Webleads
- Webleads – Fixed an error received when trying to import a own a business assessment type where the business & investment history section was missing a date entry.
- Fixed an issue where TLS1.2 was not correctly identified
- Open window – fix an issue with closed files not showing in the open window for some users.
- Other fixes and improvements.
A list of previous updates and what they included can be found here: Release Update History
How to Perform the Update
When you are ready to perform the update, you should login as the Administrator and then click on the Help menu and then click Online Update. For full instructions on how to perform the update, please see: How to Perform an Update.
When the update window opens click the ‘Start’ button and then follow any prompts. We do recommend that you do a full update and download the latest DIBP forms from Legendcom/immiAccount as DIBP has recently released a number of Form changes
One final point, if you have any problems performing the update please don’t hesitate to contact Migration Manager’s support team who are there to help you. You can log a support call through the Help button in Migration Manager or you can click the Support link in the menu bar at the top of this webpage.
Cover image licensed from Shutterstock