Migration Manager Software Update
A Software update is being rolled out.
Migration Manager version 184.108.40.206 is currently being rolled out to users. This update sees a number bug fixes and performance improvements. Some of the key features that arrive in this update are:
- We have added an Active Client Photo tool. This tool will let you easily crop, edit and add an active client image. To easily add an active client image, drag and drop a photo you want to use on to the Documents tab. Then right click the image and choose Set as Active Matter Image. You will then be given an opportunity to edit/crop the image. The cropping dimensions are automatically set to the required ratio.
- In Accounts, you will now have an option in preferences to display Billed By and Supplied By in the description field of an Invoice for fees and disbursement entries. We have also added the ability to edit items that have been added to an invoice form within the invoice window itself. Previously you had to remove an item from an invoice in order to edit it. Note that this only works for Fees and Costs and the option to edit will be via a right click menu option. Disbursements can not be edited.
- The Fee Earner Performance Report now includes a filter to select between time entries only or all professional fees.
- When merging a letter you can now select which folder you want to save the letter in to at the time of the merge.
- We have added a user setting to enable double pass email capture. This function makes the email capture do a second check that emails have in fact been captured. This ensures that if Outlook takes a long time to complete its sync with its server that emails which take longer than normal to appear in Outlook are still captured if syncing hasn’t completed before email capture has begun is run.
- The changes to the Administrator role continue: when you log in as Administrator you will be reminded that the Administrator role is meant for security and settings changes and you will be presented with a shortcut window to the main administrator functions.
Update – Versions 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168 have been released to Beta users and will combine with 22.214.171.124 for all non-Beta users
The 126.96.36.199 update includes:
- Reports – Fixed an issue where some of the filter options for the Pre-Billing Report were not showing
- System Preferences – Trust Accounting: A system preference has been added to enable/disable a requirement that Client/Trust transfers and payments have the authorised person recorded (this is a requirement in some jurisdictions in Australia so please check your local laws)
- System Preferences – Trust Accounting: Added a system preferences that the Approved By person automatically defaults to the person generating the Trust/Client Transfer or Payment
- User Permissions – A permission has been added to restrict/enable a user to perform Client/Trust transfers and payments.
- Snapshot – Modified the functionality of the snapshot window to change the 90-day button to now present the user with a date selection tool.
This 188.8.131.52 update includes:
- Accounts Search – Fixed an issue where refunds were not showing in the search results.
- Deposit Requests – Fixed an issue where manually setting a fixed surcharge amount on a disbursement prevented the deposit request from being saved.
- Deposit Request – Fixed an issue which happens when the fixed surcharge is N/A and the percentage surcharge is a number.
- Receipts – Fixed an error received when converting a deposit request in to a receipt if the deposit request was to a third party.
- Receipts – Fixed an issue where a receipt could not be generated from a deposit request if the request contained a discount line.
- Reports – Trust Payment Cashbook and Ledger Reports will now also show the bank transaction number.
- Reports – Modified the filter labels for Trust Trial Balance to make it clearer that All Matters relates to all matters with a balance or transaction.
- Time Sheet – Fix an error received if the tax code had not been correctly set for agent fees. A warning will now be displayed.
- Trust to Office Transfer – The authorised by field is now a dropdown box which also lets you type a name of someone who is not a listed user.
- Trust to Office Transfer – Fixed an issue where it was not possible to right click and copy a cell value in a Trust to Office transfer.
- Batch Import – Fixed an error that arises if passport dates are not included in the import.
- Schedules – Family Sponsorship has been added as a Sponsorship matter type.
The Full List of what is included in the 184.108.40.206 Update
The 220.127.116.11 update contains the following features and bug fixes:
- Accounts Search – Fixed an issue where refunds were not showing in the search results
- Bank Deposits – Fixed an issue where clicking View Bank Deposits was not limiting any results in the search window to just bank deposits
- Bank Reconciliation – Added the ability to add payment adjustments for receipt lines
- Bank Reconciliation – Added the ability to add receipt adjustments for payment lines
- Client to Office Transfers – Modified the behaviour of this window to remove the option to delete a row.
- Deposit Request – Fixed an error received if you attempted to save a deposit request whilst still editing a line item
- Fee Earner Performance Report – modified the Fee Earner Performance Report to include a filter to select between time entries only or all professional fees
- Invoices – Fixed an issue where adding a multiline disbursement via the Add button on the invoice was not displaying all line items
- Invoices – Added options under the Accounts tab in Preferences for Invoices to include Billed By and Supplied By information on Invoices
- Invoices – Will now display Billed By and Supplied By in the description field if enabled in the Accounts Preferences
- Invoices – Added the ability to edit items that have been added to an invoice form within the invoice window. Previously you had to remove an item from an invoice in order to edit it. Note that this only works for Fees and Costs and the option to edit will be via a right click menu option. Disbursements can not be edited.
- Preferences – For Trust Accounting purposes, the preferences have been changed so that in order to untick “Enforce Trust Account Requirements” it will be necessary to contact the support team. Changes to this setting will appear in the Trust Audit and System log reports.
- Receipts – Fixed an issue where printing a receipt would show a credit card surcharge added twice in certain circumstances.
- Reports – Change the names of the controlled money reports from Controlled Money Details to Controlled Money Movements and from Controlled Money Register to Controlled Money Summary.
- Reports – Controlled Money Movement report added to End of Month Procedure
- Trust Transactions – Modified so that when creating a client receipt, client payment, client refund, or client to office transfer if the transaction date is in the future, it will now give a warning.
- Trust Transactions – Modified so that when creating a client receipt, client payment, client refund, client journal transfer or client to office transfer , if the transaction date is in a period for which a bank reconciliation has been done for the selected bank account, it will now give a warning.
- Trust Transactions – Changed so that if you have “Enforce trust account requirements” ticked, you must now enter the “Approved By” person for trust payments, trust to office transfers and trust refunds.
- Trust – Fixed an issue where it was not possible for a user to enter a statutory deposit amount without having permission to overdraw
- Trust Statements – Fixed an issue with the alignment of the bank details
- Client Details
- Cover Page – Added additional error logging for a small number of users who experience an error entering data on the cover page.
- Family Sponsor – Fixed an error received if you clicked select contact on a family sponsor cover page
- Nominations – Changed the notification message which appears if you try and delete or modify a nomination link whilst logged in as Administrator. The message will now direct you to modify an appropriate user settings and then log in as a normal (non-admin) user to perform the task. Functions such as changing a nomination can now be performed by authorised users and will no longer require the administrator login.
- Particulars Tab – Fixed an error received if the birth town was set to a null value
- Schedules – Added 482 Global Talent streams to matter lists
- Streams – Added additional streams to the Subclass 103 and 143 visa types for Retirement and Investment streams
- Witness Details – number of years known now allows a string value (words) instead of just integer values.
- Documents and Templates
- Documents Tab – Fixed an error received if the file name of a document contained more than 200 characters
- Letter Merge – Added a dropdown to let users save merges to any folder within the matter.
- Reconcile – Fixed an error received if a documents received date was showing as a Null
- Reconcile – Fixed an issue where a document called Messages would create problems for the reconcile
- Reconcile – fixed an issue where folders being in lowercase caused an error
- Reconcile – Fixed an issue where non-capitalised system folder names could cause an error with the reconcile
- Email Capture – Added a user setting to enable double pass capture. This function makes the email capture do a second check that emails have in fact been captured. This ensures that if Outlook takes a long time to complete its sync with its server that emails which take longer than normal to appear in Outlook are still captured if syncing hasn’t completed before email capture has begun is run.
- Email Capture – Fixed an issue where manually captured emails where being de-duplicated even if Skip email already captured was not ticked.
- Email Capture – Fixed an issue where the ‘Auto assign office for new files’ option was not registering when converting an email to a matter.
- Email Capture Settings – Fixed an issue where the user choice about using multiple machines was not saving in a small number of cases.
- Preferred Email field – modified the email field to prevent the use of carriage returns
- File Notes
- Fixed an issue where non-English windows can cause an error
- Fixed an issue where in a specific scenario the reminder window was not hidden behind another window making it appear that MM has frozen.
- Portal and Progress Items
- Document Inbox – The ability to reject an item is disabled if the Progress Item has already been deleted.
- Portal – Fixed an issue where the portal URL was not appearing correctly in notification emails if the template was edited.
- Portal User Permissions – Added in a user permission to disable automatic downloads from the portal by a user. Note that this setting only stops this user from being the one who automatically downloads items from the portal – useful if they are located on a slow connection that is having problems syncing. These users can still perform a manual download from the Portal.
- Portal Window – Fixed an issue where white space after an email address cause the window to not display correctly
- Portal Messages – Fixed an issue where you could not delete a web questionnaire message that failed to upload
- Preferences – Fixed an issue where the surcharge controls were not visible on some screen dimensions
- User Permissions – Added a user permission to restrict access to the Browse button.
- Export to Excel – Added a retry open event for dealing with situations where the folder storage system may not have yet registered the existence of the generated file.
- Active Client Photo – Added a function to easily crop, edit and add an active client image. To easily add an active client image, drag and drop a photo you want to use on to the Documents tab. Then right click the image and choose Set as Active Matter Image. You will then be given an opportunity to edit/crop the image. The cropping dimensions are automatically set to the required ratio.
- Admin – Upon loging in as administrator the admin will no longer be presented with a snapshot but instead will see an Administrator Functions shortcut window. This is part of our phasing out of the Administrator role for all non-settings/security processes.
- Backup Downloads – Fixed an issue where backing up a large cloud DB to a local device was timing out and causing an error message to appear
- Backup Notifier – Fixed an issue where clicking yes to the backup notifier did not display the backup screen
- Log a Support Call – modified the behaviour of the log a support call system so that if it is unable to generate and save the system report it should still enable the user to log the request instead of freezing.
- Other minor fixes and improvements
A list of previous updates and what they included can be found here: Release Update History
How to Perform the Update
When you are ready to perform the update, you should login as the Administrator and then click on the Help menu and then click Online Update. For full instructions on how to perform the update, please see: How to Perform an Update.
When the update window opens click the ‘Start’ button and then follow any prompts. We do recommend that you do a full update and download the latest DIBP forms from Legendcom/immiAccount as the Department may have recently released a number of Form changes
One final point, if you have any problems performing the update please don’t hesitate to contact Migration Manager’s support team who are there to help you. You can log a support call through the Help button in Migration Manager or you can click the Support link in the menu bar at the top of this webpage.
Cover image licensed from Shutterstock